Lancaster Medical Clinic is actively working to continue meeting your primary care needs during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that the office remains open for virtual appointments, over the phone and in-person appointments as well.
Requests for appointments are only accepted via telephone. Please call between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday to book an appointment. At the current time, we will not accept appointment requests via email.
If you need to be seen for urgent care on Saturdays when Lancaster Medical Clinic is closed, please call Riverside Court Medical Clinic at 613 739-3700 to schedule an appointment.
In person visits will require adherence to current pandemic guidelines:
- You must have a pre-arranged appointment – no walk-in appointments are available.
- Masks must be worn. See here for list of acceptable masks: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/masks.aspx
- If you have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html?topic=ex-col-faq#s, please re-schedule your appointment as you will not be seen in person.
- Sanitize hands prior to entering the clinic
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres between people
- Only the patient will be allowed in the clinic unless a parent or caretaker is required to accompany them.
We will not be able to provide letters or documentation stating you or your child is COVID-19 free. Only testing for COVID-19 can confirm this.
Also note that the increased pressure of the Pandemic may lead to some delays in the delivery of our usual services. We are doing our best to adhere to our usual turnaround times for prescription renewals (2 weeks), call-backs for lab work (1 week from reporting) and forms (30 days from receipt). However, we thank you for your understanding regarding any delays.
Working together, we can continue to stay healthy and safe during these challenging times.